LOUIS   RHEA

imo 7046936

Registered owner: New Wave Navigation SA. -  Malta  -  Operator: Louis Cruises - Cyprus

. In its 2014 deployment scheme today, Louis Cruises made note of the Louis Rhea sailing alongside the Louis Olympia from March 2014 with classic 3 and 4 day cruises from Piraeus.  A statement from the cruise line has confirmed it will be renaming the Louis Coral to the Louis Rhea as the company continues to underscore its Greek roots and traditions. Since aug.12 -2011 the ship is laid-up
16 May 2013 A statement from the cruise line has confirmed it will be renaming the Louis Coral to the Louis Rhea as the company continues to underscore its Greek roots and traditions. In its 2014 deployment announcement today, Louis Cruises made note of the Louis Rhea sailing alongside the Louis Olympia.
The latest news is:
Further to todayís announcement on the sale of m/v Coral, Louis plc clarifies the following:
The price for the sale of the cruise ship is paid in two installments based on the relevant agreement. The advance payment of 20% has already been paid at the signing of the agreement while the remaining 80% will be paid with the delivery of the ship on
December 19, 2013. The sale, which was at armís length, is not related to and does not affect the interests of the Secretary or any other determined person based on article 137 (3) of the CSE Law. Finally, it is noted that m/v Coral was sold to Argo Systems fze, of Dubai  probably to be broken up.

Entered service: 1971 - Gross tonnage: 14.194 - Pass. cap. lower beds: 688 - All berths: 887 - Passenger decks: 7 - Length: 148,10 m.-  Beam: 21,5 m. - Main propulsion : 4 diesel engines make: Stork-Werkspoor 12 cyl.- total output 19.860 kW. - Max.speed: 21 knots - Service speed: 18.5 knots - Built: Rotterdam Drydock (RDM) - The Netherlands - Yard no. 329 - Classification: Lloyd's Register of Shipping - Flag: Malta

Former Names: Cunard Adventure (1971-1977) - Sunward II (1977-1991) - Triton (1991-2005) - Coral (2005 - 2014) - (Louis Rhea - until present

Sistership: Cunard Ambassador scrapped 1984 - Taiwan

Due to bankruptcy of Royal Olympia sold by public auction on april 2005. Purchased by Louis Cruises renamed Coral
           Passenger space ratio all berths: 16.00   

  
Image oct.2001 at Rhodos Island as TRITON.


CORAL

Page of the "World Wide Fleetlist of Cruise ships"  Please Visit  Nedcruise - Dutch Cruise Site©

O-O-O-O