WHY A CRUISE
* No packing and unpacking to visit different ports of call.
* Most ships have good medical facilities.On some ships a kidney-dialyse is possible.Please go to Link page
* Food and services on board are usually of a good
* Varied entertainment.
* Relaxed atmosphere on board.
However nothing is always perfect and cruises are not an exception of this.
* Seasickness should be taken seriously, if you are prone to
it and get it, it can be a very negative experience and affect
your consideration of future cruises. See the link to this
storm and it gives you an impression
what can be occur. Cruises not always calm seas and sunshine! However for your reassurance it is an exception. There are good medicines
available, but be careful for side effects if you already using
The best place to avoid seasickness is to book a cabin on the lower decks in the middle of the ship.
* Cancelled ports in case of inclement weather.
* On some ports of calls, especially in the Caribbean, it can be very crowded when 3 or 4 ships are visiting the same port. However due to the enormous grow of ships the European islands or cruiseports are also very crowded
* On board expenses and organized tours can be rather expensive.
* On bigger ships long waiting rows to obtain your meal - to board or to tender.
* Some cruiselines have the policy to push, on an unbelievable wise, your beverage consumption. Even your glass is not empty, the crew ask you "an other drink"?
* In general cruiseprices in the US are more competitive than in other countries especially Europe.
* Recently, however, much attention has been focused on the increasing number of episodes of gastrointestinal illness on board cruise ships and there is evidence that the rate has increased substantially since 2001. Since 2004 there have been more than 80 incidents of contagious disease outbreaks on cruise ships involving almost 9,000 people.
© Nederlandse Cruise Site - Nedcruise.
All rights reserved.
Nevertheless Dutch Cruise site wish you an excellent cruise!
If you wish, please let us know your experiences