Sold for scrap to Aliaga-Turkey in 2020

imo 8807088

Registered Owner: RCL Horizon LLC - Spain - Operator: Pullmantur Cruises - Spain - 49% owned by Royal Caribbean

May 2016 Madrid-based private equity firm Springwater, is taking a 51% stake in Croisières de France and Pullmantur, leaving the US cruise company with a 49% holding through new joint venture.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will retain full ownership of the vessels and aircraft operated by the two brands, which will be leased into joint venture.

       Ship get her original name HORIZON back from winter season  2010/11 Pullmantur will subsequently redeploy the 1990-built, Horizon (ex. Pacific Dream )  to CDF in the spring of 2012 as a replacement of Blue de France.
aug.18-2010- Pullmantur has temporarily suspended Pacific Dream voyages due to a major engine breakdown on the ship earlier this week. The Atlantic Star coming out of lay-up to replace the Pacific Dream for an expected period of four to six weeks while the engines are repaired. However it is possible that the repair takes longer.
Oct. 7-2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) announced today that it had agreed to sell its 50 percent interest in Island Cruises to First Choice Holidays Ltd., the other 50 percent owner in the joint venture and a subsidiary of British-based tour operator TUI Travel PLC (TUI). As part of the transaction, RCL and TUI agreed to an early termination of the charter of Island Star, one of two ships in the Island Cruises fleet. RCL is the owner of Island Star and had chartered it to Island Cruises. After ending the joint venture with Island Cruises in April 2009, RCL  redeploy the Island Star to Pullmantur Cruises. New name: Pacific Dream

Entered service: 1990 – Refit: 2009/2012/2019 - Gross tonnage: 47.427 - Pass. lower beds: 1442 - All berths: 1828 - Passenger decks: 9 - Length: 207,60 m. - Beam: 29,32 m. - Draught: 7,7 m.- Propulsion: diesel/electric: 2 diesel engines make MAN-B&W type 9L 40/54 - 2 diesel engines make MAN-B&W type 6L 40/54-Total installed power: 19.980 kW. - 4 stroke single acting 6 and 9 cyl. bore 400mm. - stroke 540 mm. Drive: 2 Controllable pitch propellers at 130 rpm. -  Max. speed 21,4 knots - Service speed 18 knots - Built: Meyer Werft -Germany - Yard no. 619 - Flag: Malta - Classification: DNV/GL.

Former Names: Horizon (1990-2005) - Island Star (2005-2009) - Pacific Dream (2009-2010) - Horizon (2010 - until present)

Operators: Celebrity Cruises (1990-2005) - Island Cruises (2005-2009) - Pullmantur (2009-2012)-Croisieres de France (2012-2017)-Pullmantur (2017-until present 

Sister ship: Zenith 

    Passenger Space Ratio all berths: 25.94
    Passenger Space Ratio lower beds: 32.83

Horizon (1990-2005)

Island Star (2005-2008)



Page of the "World Wide Fleetlist of Cruise ships" Please Visit Nedcruise - Dutch Cruise Site©